Tag: modern cottage
Top 5 Pro Tips for Designing your own Wedding Dress
We are beyond excited for all the creative wedding dress designs we are working on this year! See below our top five professional wedding dress designing tips for designing your own wedding dress with us!
1. Narrow down your complete bridal look before your first design meeting.
Be sure to have your complete look in mind prior to your first meeting. Utilize Pinterest, wedding magazines, or Google images for inspiration. When you pin or print your inspirational photos write a caption with description of which feature you loved about your dress.
2. Have a budget in mind for both your dress and alterations.
While we include alterations in custom dresses for our local clients, if you are long distance you will need a separate budget for alterations local to you.
3. Trust the process!
Once you’ve booked your custom wedding dress, trust the process! It’s so hard to wait, but just like in the shop, all good things take time. Gown production can take 6-9 months.
4. Select shoes of the same height before your try on.
While you might not have the right vision for your accessories, shoes are the most important for a first fitting. Be sure to check return policies with the boutique you order from.
5. Have a selection of undergarment options ready for try on.
We have a selection undergarments we can special order for you. Be sure to inquire this at your time of measurements and fabric selection. Most cases dresses are created with enough support to avoid the need for undergarments. However, it is important to keep this option in mind.
We hope this helps you with your custom wedding dress design process! As always, feel free to reach out via text if you have any questions: 208-696-1155
-The Bridal Tailor
How to Throw a Great Bachelorette Party
Hello brides and bridesmaids! Today’s post was made in partnership with Belle Bachelorette.
A lot of times the task of planning a weekend that will be unforgettable and fully celebratory for the bride to be is a daunting and overwhelming one. The typical go-to “bride tribe” event is a trip to Vegas with fancy drinks and traveling from club to club. Belle Bachelorette is about creating a more unique and adventurous experience.
A little about the company: Belle Bachelorette is located in the Pacific Northwest, and is all about “taking the party outside” because they believe that “the air is fresher, the drinks taste better”, and that fireside feasts and conversation are unforgettable!
For your squad’s outdoor bachelorette party, they recommend these few tips:
- Research and book your campsite or lodging well in advance!
- The summer is a popular season for outdoor activities, so you’ll want to make sure and plan way ahead.
- One thing to think about when booking a camping site in particular would be to book sites that are right next to each other so that there is ample space for all party-goers, and there won’t be any worries about bothering other neighboring campers.
- Bring lots of lighting!
- Lighting options can include the typical flashlights, or creative lanterns and string lighting.
- This helps keep the party going as long as you want!
- Set up stations!
- Belle Bachelorette wants you to keep in mind that you are “glamping” not camping.
- Bring glamour to the woods by adding a handwashing station, hydration station, snack station, and OF COURSE a cocktail station!
- Bring lots of bedding!
- No matter what’s going on throughout the day, ample pillows, blankets, air mattresses, and comforters are always a good idea.
- Last but not least, hangover remedies!
- Pack yourselves some Advil, sports drinks, and your favorite “hair of the dog” cocktail. You will thank yourself later!
Keep in mind that the people and the memories you make while celebrating your favorite bride to be are what is most important. Belle Bachelorette is there to help you with the details!
You can follow Belle Bachelorette on Instagram @bellebachelorette or visit their website, https://www.bellebachelorette.com/packages